Robert F. Elliott
Mr. Elliott is perennially recognized as a “Top Lawyer” by The New York Times as well as a “Super Lawyer” in Thompson Reuters Super Lawyer magazine. He was recently made a lifetime member of Swarthmore’s Who’s Who – Worldwide and is a founding member of the New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers and proudly serves as its 10th Judicial District Director.
Over the last 20 plus years Mr. Elliott has amassed more than sixty (65) defense verdicts in high exposure, complex jury trials ranging from medical malpractice to municipal, motor vehicle, transportation liability, premises liability and construction accidents in a wide variety of jurisdictions. He regularly represents licensees before various Professional Discipline Boards. He handles an array of compliance matters for Hospitals, Long Term Care Facilities and Residential Care Providers. He is a recognized authority in Mental Health Law and Litigation. Mr. Elliott is also involved in the defense of high severity transportation, construction and other general liability claims.
Mr. Elliott regularly instructs attorneys through continuing legal education programs throughout the state. He also teaches health care providers at continuing medical education seminars. His presentations range from healthcare ethics to medical liability. In addition, Bob is an adjunct professor of law and medicine at Hofstra University.
Mr. Elliott is a graduate of Downstate Medical Center where he received a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. He worked as a Registered Professional Nurse, Hospital Risk Manager and Safety Officer from 1981 through 1989 when he graduated from Brooklyn Law School with his Juris Doctorate Degree.
He is a Founder and Board Member of Kids Chance of NY, a not for profit which awards college and vocational school scholarships to the children of injured and deceased workers. He is a Founder and Board Member of Sunshine’s Toy Drive, an annual Holiday toy drive which provides toys and clothing to hundreds of children in Suffolk County. He is a Founder and Board Member of the Dix Hills Fire Department Benevolent Association. He also provides regular counsel to numerous Patrolmen Benevolent Associations and their members.
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D. 1989
- Downstate Medical Center, B.S.N. 1981
- Seton Hall Law School Certificate in Healthcare Compliance, October 2013
- New York State Bar Admission 1989
- United States District Court Eastern and Southern Districts of New York 2000
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Academy of Trial Lawyers – Founding Member and 10th Judicial District Director
- Nassau Suffolk Trial Lawyers
- The American Health Lawyers Association
- The New York Metropolitan Chapter of the American Association of Nurse Attorneys, Inc.
- January 2014 Article on Defense and Preparation Of The Medical Provider At Deposition
- 2017 - Medical Malpractice in New York, Fourth Edition, co author
- Practical Applications of the Frye Hearing in Medical Malpractice Actions.